• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinche Cabron View Post

And it may backfire - they may be pissed off

But I think your scenario is far more likely
    I'm hoping for backfire.

Comment

Score as many points as we can in the first half because when Devon "Jesus the Christ" White cones back from his suspension he'll calm the Tide as he walks on water, while turning it into grape drank and leading the band in a heavenly rendition of "Neck".

Comment

#ProtectTuaAtAllCosts

Comment

Limit LSU's success in throwing slant routes and seam passes. Those are the type of passes that work against Alabama, we have to shut that down.

Protect Tua, get open, let him drop bombs.

Comment

None of us want to hear it, but this is a GREAT game for Tua to pick up 50-60 key scrambling yards if LSU is playing us with their secondary's backs to the line (man coverage).

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
              None of us want to hear it, but this is a GREAT game for Tua to pick up 50-60 key scrambling yards if LSU is playing us with their secondary's backs to the line (man coverage).
              If I'm LSU, I'll take my chances Tua isn't going to beat me scrambling and allow those relatively small gains to prevent giving up the pass play over the top. Tua might have success with his legs like you said, but if we can't get the ball over the top, our offense is going to struggle to move the ball consistently. No team has made us consistently drive the ball on them all year. When facing a high powered offense, the goal defensively is to limit big plays and make them beat you 5 yards at a time. With college players, usually the more plays they have to execute in a row, the more likely they screw up something simple.
              barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

If I'm LSU, I'll take my chances Tua isn't going to beat me scrambling and allow those relatively small gains to prevent giving up the pass play over the top. Tua might have success with his legs like you said, but if we can't get the ball over the top, our offense is going to struggle to move the ball consistently. No team has made us consistently drive the ball on them all year. When facing a high powered offense, the goal defensively is to limit big plays and make them beat you 5 yards at a time. With college players, usually the more plays they have to execute in a row, the more likely they screw up something simple.
                Several teams have tried that approach already this year, but none have been able to execute it. I would speculate (no stats to back it up) that our short to medium range plays have resulted in more TDs than going over the top of the defense. You cannot depend on a 10-15 yd slant or crossing route to result in a TD, but damned if we haven't scored 5-6 TDs on that play and narrowly missed a few more (Jeudy nearly took one to the house last game). You also can't depend on a pass out to the flats to result in TD, either. But that play has resulted in 2 or 3 TDs too (with one notable play being called back for a non-existent hold). I think this is what makes 2018 Alabama offense so dynamic. Any play, even those designed to simply move the chains, can quickly turn into 7 points.....or at least 6 points.
                "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post

Several teams have tried that approach already this year, but none have been able to execute it. I would speculate (no stats to back it up) that our short to medium range plays have resulted in more TDs than going over the top of the defense. You cannot depend on a 10-15 yd slant or crossing route to result in a TD, but damned if we haven't scored 5-6 TDs on that play and narrowly missed a few more (Jeudy nearly took one to the house last game). You also can't depend on a pass out to the flats to result in TD, either. But that play has resulted in 2 or 3 TDs too (with one notable play being called back for a non-existent hold). I think this is what makes 2018 Alabama offense so dynamic. Any play, even those designed to simply move the chains, can quickly turn into 7 points.....or at least 6 points.
                  I don't necessarily disagree that we have taken some short throws for a long way, but we haven't necessarily had to dink and dunk it consistently. This is an absolutely absurd number, but we've had only 25 drives this year with Tua where we average less than 8 yards per play. In those drives, we've scored (or would have if we made all the XPs) 61 points, or 2.4 points per drive. You get say 8 drives in a game like this. That's 19.5 points over a whole game.

In drives with Tua where we've averaged more than 8 yards per play, we score 6.9 points per drive. There was one field goal in there. That's 35 drives. Over 8 drives, that's 55.1 points.

So far this year we haven't been all that successful if you can keep the play in front of you and make us drive the ball. LSU is good enough in pass defense to make us have to take the underneath throw. If they tackle well in the open field, this could become a ball game. If we get the ball down the field or they miss a lot of tackles on the short stuff, they are in a world of trouble.

Comment

Of note, LSU has allowed 4.8 yards per play this season.

Comment

Bama needs to be able to run the ball. And 20+ points should be enough to beat the Who.

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon Swashbuckler View Post
                        Bama needs to be able to run the ball. And 20+ points should be enough to beat the Who.
                        Prolly take 25 points, but Bama should have that by halftime.

Comment

Working...
                        X