No announcement yet.

Buckle Up - 2019 Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know very little about basketball. But what's frustrating to me is that they never seem to have any urgency at the end of the games.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Avery has lost the team. It took a lottery pick for us to limp in the tournament last year. Why give him another year? it’s been the same thing every year.

I see people mentioning the lack of talent we have. Ok, fine. But the talent we have should never lose to a&m twice and Georgia state. Ffs, if he wins the easy ones, we wouldn’t even be a bubble team.

Comment

• Bama looking decent today. Implosion in the second half yet to come.
        barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

• Good news, guys - Bama basketball is practicing LESS!

Avery Johnson said on Monday that his Alabama Crimson Tide basketball team was still working hard heading into the final four games of the regular season — but that it was also trying to work smarter.
          In eliminating what he called “a lot of waste” in Alabama’s practice time, Johnson said he relied on advice from a coach with a track record of having his teams peaking as the SEC Tournament approached: former Crimson Tide head coach Wimp Sanderson. As a result, Johnson has reduced practices that used to well past the two-hour mark down to 75 minutes, a schedule that worked against Vanderbilt and remained in place as UA prepared for tonight’s game against South Carolina.
          “It’s something I’ve talked to Wimp about in the past,” Johnson said. “He used to do the same thing during this time of year.

“Leading up to the Vanderbilt game, we had two of our shorter practices of the year. We took out a lot of drills that really weren’t helping us. We don’t just slide into practice any more. We start with a lot of energy. We are (practicing) about 75 minutes now, where in the past it could go to 140 minutes."
          It may not be a bad idea, but cutting 65 minutes off a 140 minute practice seems like admitting to very poorly ran practices. The rest of the article: https://www.timesdaily.com/sports/na...c887c9dbd.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
            Good news, guys - Bama basketball is practicing LESS!

It may not be a bad idea, but cutting 65 minutes off a 140 minute practice seems like admitting to very poorly ran practices. The rest of the article: https://www.timesdaily.com/sports/na...c887c9dbd.html
            We still leaked oil coming down the stretch against Vandy. Having said that, it probably couldn't hurt. What they were doing previously certainly wasn't working.

Comment

• He might consider not practicing. At least that would give them an excuse for some of the same things we still do, like failure to run an inbounds play.....
              "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
              Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
              Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                He might consider not practicing. At least that would give them an excuse for some of the same things we still do, like failure to run an inbounds play.....
                Maybe that was one of the useless drills they cut out.

Comment

• In fairness, I've noticed a couple of different inbounds plays in the couple of games I watched. But that's been 3 or more games ago now.
                  "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                  Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                  Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                  Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• I hope you're all buckled into your recliners and tuned into ESPN2.

Comment

• Maybe the short practices are paying off. Pretty high energy game so far.

Comment

• Bama leads 31-25 at the half. South Carolina is only shooting 19% from the field. A large part of that has been a really good defensive effort from Bama. Bama is only 1/6 on FTs.

Comment

• That lead ain't near high enough for our second half shenanigans.

Comment

• We need to get a 4th foul on Silva ASAP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barney Stinson
                              That lead ain't near high enough for our second half shenanigans.
                              This

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• I've seen rec league games with better offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X