Buckle Up - 2019 Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
    I thought I was bringing the team good luck by not watching or caring.
    I tried that too, but why should it work for us if it doesn't work for the team?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan View Post
      I’m always amazed at the morons that will defend an obvious lame duck coach. They did it with grant, hell i remember a few still defending Shula. Avery should be fired this year, but we’ll wait until next season when we will suck all year long.
      This was posted over at CRS by someone who is smarter than me (pmull).

The comparison between Grant's teams and Johnson's teams end at the 17-12 records after 29 games in the last 5 years. As SC said the SEC as a whole is much stronger. Our SEC non conference schedule is also stronger under CAJ. Our record against ranked teams is much improved. To Grant's credit he rarely lost to a bad team but he never beat a good team. Other ways CAJ is better than Grant:

1. CAJ plays an exciting style of basketball. When we play well we are fun to watch. Grant was boring even when we won. Most wins were low scoring games like 62-58. We are a much better offensive team under CAJ.

2. CAJ has to recruit against Bruce Pearl. CAJ had to recruit against Barbee who never had a winning season.

3. CAJ promotes the program. He is on radio, TV, commercials, big screen at football games, etc. Grant was a hermit except on game day.

4. CAJ and his staff does a better job of developing players. Players under Grant never got any better than the day they showed up on campus. A few examples are Jimmy Taylor and Donta Hall developed into good (not great) big guys. An example this year is Petty. Last year he was a three point shooter. When his shot was off (and that is often) he was no help to the team. This year he is posting up smaller guards, driving the basketball and developing a two point game. He is also rebounding the ball.

5. CAJ is a better recruiter.

We have a good Athlectic Director in Greg Byrne. I hope he is putting out feelers to see if an experienced and proven home run hire is available. I do not think he will find one better than what we already have. As long as CAJ is motivated and wants to be our coach I think he will only get better. Like everyone else I want to win NOW. However, I am concerned about starting starting all over with an unproven coach.

I am still buckled up!
      There is no quick fix for this team when we suffer with the facilities and fan support that we have. Granted, the fan support would likely improve if we start winning, but when recruits come in, and see Coleman half full or less, do you think they want to come there? I want to be buckled up as much as anybody, but we are what we are. Everybody has seen the proposed renovations to BDS. BDS does NOT need them. Coleman does. Probably should even be replaced, but they want to just put lipstick on the ole pig. That ain't gonna get it done, whether it's CAJ at the helm, or some other coach. IMO, we'd be better off giving CAJ some longevity, to at least become a well known coach that might garner better results in recruiting.

Having said that, there are rumors going around that CAJ might be planning to leave on his own after this season. If he does, we're back on the same old merry-go-round.

Reporter: "What's it like to Have a QB like Tua throwing to you?
      Smitty: "It's a blessin' "

Comment

• Pmull is over thinking it. We can’t even inbound the ball. We give up double digit leads and lose to horrible basketball teams. By all means, let’s wait until next year. Maybe we can miss out on another rick Barnes by waiting

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan View Post
          Pmull is over thinking it. We can’t even inbound the ball. We give up double digit leads and lose to horrible basketball teams. By all means, let’s wait until next year. Maybe we can miss out on another rick Barnes by waiting
          And you think there's a cracker jack coach out there that can come to Bama and make an immediate difference?
          Reporter: "What's it like to Have a QB like Tua throwing to you?
          Smitty: "It's a blessin' "

Comment

• No need to discuss it. Avery won’t be fired until next season. By that time everyone will be in agreement.

Comment

• "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
              Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
              Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                I know it seems like we say this twice a week these days, but tonight is a really important game. With a good road win tonight, we should be in the tournament by only winning the remaining games we'll be favored in. Big if, I know. The schedule shakes out pretty well though. Other than our game tonight, our most difficult games (Florida, LSU, and Auburn) are all at home, where we are currently 9-2. A 6-2 mark would really be a nice finish for this team, and it's quite conceivable with a win tonight. Admittedly, a 3-5 finish is also quite conceivable.

Tue, Feb 12 @ Mississippi St 9:00 PM ET SECN
                Sat, Feb 16 vs Florida 2:00 PM ET
                Tue, Feb 19 @ Texas A&M 9:00 PM ET SECN
                Sat, Feb 23 vs Vanderbilt 6:00 PM ET
                Tue, Feb 26 @ South Carolina 7:00 PM ET
                Sat, Mar 2 vs LSU 12:00 PM ET
                Tue, Mar 5 vs Auburn 9:00 PM ET
                Sat, Mar 9 @ Arkansas 6:00 PM ET SECN
                Or 2-6.

Comment

• Probably two games left. I imagine we will be paired up with some team in the NIT that will push our shit in. I’m buckled up

Comment

• "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                      If you don't have something nice to say, . . .

Comment

• For those of you who may still have a passing interest in the winter sport (can't even bring myself to type the name of the game)

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2019/3/...et-open-thread

"There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Dang. I was hoping the game would be during work hours so I wouldn't have to make the deliberate decision to not watch.

Comment

• https://ephmedia.giphy.com/fd35dadf-...bd77d2c3f6.gif

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nice gif rhino, perfect representation of the season. All is going well until the very end. Only he didn’t fail whilst shitting his pants like the b-ball team.

Comment

• My power is out. Judging by the stats, I’m not missing much

Comment

Working...
                                X