GAME DAY!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barney Stinson
    What are the keys to the game in the mind of our esteem group? What areas can we exploit? What areas concern you?
    OLine or bust

Comment

Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post
      What are the keys to the game in the mind of our esteem group? What areas can we exploit? What areas concern you?
      One that we can't control is the health of our front 7. Our DL is absolutely average without Q in there, and the last several games he's been coming out a lot of snaps that I don't think are just rotation/conditioning based. 99 can be good, but he can also take plays (or games) off or just lose his head when he is trying to play at a high level (see the PF for taking off his helmet last week). Mack needs to play with more focus and discipline.

If Etienne averages over 5 yards a carry on us, we may be screwed, assuming the average isn't amazingly skewed by one 60+ yard run.

We really need an excellent offensive game plan, and Tua has to execute it. Lots of quick routes with some over the top sprinkled in to keep the DBs off the line a little. I'd expect some screens to try to slow down their rush. Irv might even get a Utah pass out of an H-back slot.

Comment

Our O needs to play like they have every game this year, sans the Georgia game. Our D will have to play it's best game of the year. The D line absolutely MUST pressure Lawrence, and our cover guys have to match up to their tall receivers. Mack Wilson and Deionte Thompson have to show up for this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

We really need an excellent offensive game plan, and Tua has to execute it. Lots of quick routes with some over the top sprinkled in to keep the DBs off the line a little. I'd expect some screens to try to slow down their rush. Irv might even get a Utah pass out of an H-back slot.
          this is where a lot of my confidence comes from.

Tight coverage at the line? then quick slants (which we have turned into TDs all season) or depending upon the amount of time in the pocket deeper crossing patterns or over the top of the defense (which we've turned into TDs all season).

Big cushion by the DBs? Then we'll move the chains in chunks scattered with an occasional big play.

Statistics from the season & ACC/SEC play be damned. By the eyeball test, I don't think the Clemson defense is better than our defense, and our D is - overall - probably the weakest its been in five years. And I strongly believe that our offense is decidedly better than their offense.
          "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
          Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
          Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
            Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
            Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Alabama's four breakaway threats have all had their moments to shine, and they keep each other on their toes with a friendly rivalry.
              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

In game thread may come in under the wire. I have class until 5:45 and then I have to rush home.

Comment

I feel better about the after listening to Cube on the radio. He thinks Bama's OL is far superior to Clemson's.

Comment

I feel better about the after listening to Cube on the radio. He thinks Bama's OL is far superior to Clemson's.
                    He's usually pretty good with his analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Biff
                      What’s the word on Miller??????
                      Boz said that Miller is nearly 100% and my be 100% by game time.

So...there you go.

Comment

Is that from Miller's dad after a 1 hr convo?
                        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by Big Balls

Boz said that Miller is nearly 100% and my be 100% by game time.

So...there you go.
                          I have none of the info inside, nor do I know if you were just being facetious, but I'm almost 100% sure that's BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post

OLine or bust
                            Is OL the answer to all of my original questions? I agree that this game will be won entirely in the trenches. If we can hold up to their DL and conversely pressure Lawrence into a few mistakes, we'll be good to go.
                            barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

One that we can't control is the health of our front 7. Our DL is absolutely average without Q in there, and the last several games he's been coming out a lot of snaps that I don't think are just rotation/conditioning based. 99 can be good, but he can also take plays (or games) off or just lose his head when he is trying to play at a high level (see the PF for taking off his helmet last week). Mack needs to play with more focus and discipline.

If Etienne averages over 5 yards a carry on us, we may be screwed, assuming the average isn't amazingly skewed by one 60+ yard run.

I agree with the comment on 99. He's got to keep his head. If we can keep him focused for 60 minutes and manage not to get any of the stupid penalties that he is subject to, he could be a real difference maker. I have little faith that he will be able to both make an impact and control his emotions however.

We have to stop the run to have much of a shot defensively. Lawrence gets all the media attention, but Etienne is the workhorse. If we can stop the run, the pressure on Lawrence keeps increasing. He may be able to shine in that environment, but I'd rather him feel the pressure than it to him having to convert 3rd and shorts.

I think offensively the ball has to come out quick and I also think we need to attack them laterally a bit more than we typically do. If we can do that, the DL may start thinking about running sideways instead of rushing up the field. We may not be able to consistently protect for deep shots, but you can stretch the field laterally to take safeties out of the box as well.

Comment

Clemson's OL didn't play particularly well against Texas A&M. With that being said, Texas A&M has a fantastic front seven. Some would argue they rival ours, but I think as a unit we're a bit better. In games where Etienne has struggled, they have hit a ton of big plays in the passing game. Gotta limit the big plays and make them executive for 10+ plays down the field. It's basically the same way to defend our offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X