...and in other SEC news...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...and in other SEC news...

One day last fall during a Tennessee in-season football practice, Phillip Fulmer just couldn’t help himself.

There were rumors on Rocky Top last fall that Tennessee’s athletic director had been attempting to coach up the Volunteers struggling offensive line and it turns out those rumors were at least slightly accurate, as Tennessee has self-reported three Level III NCAA violations, one of which involved the AD giving two linemen some coaching tips during practice.

News of these NCAA violations is being reported by Blake Toppmeyer of the Knoxville News Sentinel. Level III violations are the least severe, while Level I penalties (which some call Ole Miss penalties) are the most severe.

Fulmer is not permitted to do any coaching for the Volunteers, unless Jeremy Pruitt has an opening on his staff and notes Fulmer as a fill-in while Tennessee’s head coach searches for a 10th assistant. That wasn’t the case last fall, which is why Fulmer and Tennessee self-reported the infraction. Tennessee claims this was a one-time event which lasted less than 30 seconds.

As punishment, the SEC ruled that Fulmer could not attend Tennessee practices for five days following the infraction.

This kind of punishment had to hit PhatPhuckingPhil right in the FUPA.
    Fulmer could not attend Tennessee practice for a few days last fall thanks to one of these violations.
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Pruitt needs to get out.

Comment

They should have given Fulmer the death penalty. I wish he would get some kind of flesh eating disease........no, scratch that. It would take him 10 years to die.

Comment

I bet Pruitt is miserable. The f’in AD on the field coaching players, smh

Comment

The NCAA handed one-year postseason bans and other penalties to Missouri's football, baseball and softball programs while placing its entire athletic department on probation Thursday after a two-year investigation revealed academic misconduct involving a former tutor.
          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
          Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
          Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

I feel bad for Odom. He was making improvements and gaining momentum. This has the potential to derail all of that.
            barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

At least Kelly Bryant is staying. Might give him one good year anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
                At least Kelly Bryant is staying. Might give him one good year anyway.
                At least he knows the name of a good tutor.

Comment

Originally posted by Chechem View Post

At least he knows the name of a good tutor.

Comment

Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post
                    I feel bad for Odom. He was making improvements and gaining momentum. This has the potential to derail all of that.
                    Easier to have momentum when you've got tutors completing work for the players.

Comment

Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

Easier to have momentum when you've got tutors completing work for the players.

Comment

buttchuggers trying to poach from Missou since the sanctions have crippled them
                        Odom singled out Tennessee as the most frequent caller for his players among SEC programs during a booster event on Tuesday.

“Everybody is going to have a bad day,” Odom said, expressing his frustration with keeping his players from transferring. “You combine that with somebody that — who’d we beat 51-17 this year? Tennessee? Yeah, those guys. They are non-stop reaching out daily [saying], ‘Hey, come here.’ The grass is not always greener somewhere else.”
                        Barry Odom said his 19 Missouri seniors are being "contacted and bombarded non-stop" by other programs.
                        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

FBI still looking at the bayou b’ball coach
                          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Wingnut is running for US Senate...I hope the sits on his thumb
                            The former Auburn head football coach becomes the second Republican to announce his candidacy for the seat held by Democratic Sen. Doug Jones. The election is in 2020.
                            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

LSU reinstated Will Wade...this may not turn out well for them:

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/04/ls...uspension.html

Comment

Working...
                              X