No announcement yet.

Birmingham Iron kicks off tomorrow night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xzavier Dickson intercepts. Ball game! B'ham wins 26-0. Trent actually played a strong 3rd quarter.

Comment

Ol Hackenberg just can't...wait for it...hack it anymore.
      barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post
        Ol Hackenberg just can't...wait for it...hack it anymore.
        They were in his face most of the game. He was indeed hacked.

Comment

MFBATR was responsible for all scores that weren’t field goals. 2 TDS and a 2 pt conversion reception. AND he looked like the strongest guy on the field like he did back at UA.

Comment

Was Trent a MFFatA? He sure looked like it on the news a couple weeks back.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
              Was Trent a MFFatA? He sure looked like it on the news a couple weeks back.
              Looked like the old Trent to me.

And there was at least two occasions where he had to be brought down by more than two people. The old "moving the pile" Trent we used to know and love. One time he cared the whole pile about 5 yards for a first and then momentum stopped and blown dead with him never going down.

Comment

Yeah, he blew up the second half. After he lost that fumble, he came to life. Was good to see him play well.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
                  Yeah, he blew up the second half. After he lost that fumble, he came to life. Was good to see him play well.
                  I cannot seem to find a single stat line from any of these games. Not even on the AAF home page or CBSSports.com.

Comment

Trent finished with 58 yards on 23 carries. 33 of his yards were in the 4th quarter. He also had a catch for a two-point conversion and another catch on a screen for about 10-15 yards in the 4th quarter as well. I couldn't find his total receiving numbers though.

Comment

2.5 ypc?

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                        Trent finished with 58 yards on 23 carries. 33 of his yards were in the 4th quarter. He also had a catch for a two-point conversion and another catch on a screen for about 10-15 yards in the 4th quarter as well. I couldn't find his total receiving numbers though.
                        Yeah...and most of those yards started accumulating after midway through the third.

Here's the thing, though.

The o-lines in this league are pathetic. Most teams could not run the ball and gave QBs little time. However, there was only two weeks of practice leading up to this, so some of those defensive players were gassed after half time. Its possible Trent took advantage of that.

The old ball coach was fun to watch too. He seemed to realize that his oline wasn;t going to be very good and had some special plays dialed up to make up for it, He even ran the "Philly Special" with Garret Gilbert ('09 Colt McCoy replacement in the NC).

Don't get me wrong, this probably won;t ever be good football and I don't think the Iron will make it to 2021 to play in the new BJCC Complex, but I thought it was pretty cool.

The ratings drew a 2.1 and beat out the NBA for the weekend, BUT compare that to the 10+ rating the XFL got in its opening game its first and only season and it doesn't bode well for the new league.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Balls

Yeah...and most of those yards started accumulating after midway through the third.

Here's the thing, though.

The o-lines in this league are pathetic. Most teams could not run the ball and gave QBs little time. However, there was only two weeks of practice leading up to this, so some of those defensive players were gassed after half time. Its possible Trent took advantage of that.

The old ball coach was fun to watch too. He seemed to realize that his oline wasn;t going to be very good and had some special plays dialed up to make up for it, He even ran the "Philly Special" with Garret Gilbert ('09 Colt McCoy replacement in the NC).

Don't get me wrong, this probably won;t ever be good football and I don't think the Iron will make it to 2021 to play in the new BJCC Complex, but I thought it was pretty cool.

The ratings drew a 2.1 and beat out the NBA for the weekend, BUT compare that to the 10+ rating the XFL got in its opening game its first and only season and it doesn't bode well for the new league.
                          I don't think they advertised enough. I didn't know anything about it until I read this thread.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Y’all know the xfl starts next spring. There are going to be two of these leagues happening at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                              Y’all know the xfl starts next spring. There are going to be two of these leagues happening at the same time.
                              Yeah. The two biggest differences with be that the XFL is it will be in NFL only cities AND the XFL has said it would not be opposed to taking kids after playing only one year of college ball.

Comment

I watched. It was auight.
                                I have no idea wtfh to mfbatr.
                                Tools but no vision.

Comment

Working...
                                X