Birmingham Iron kicks off tomorrow night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
    So long, AAF. They announced today that they're "suspending operations" tomorrow.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/...end-operations
    Bham Iron, rusted.
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

I think the guy that owns the Carolina Hurricanes thought he was going to bluff his way into getting what he wanted. The NFL called his bluff.
      barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

I am sad.

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post

Bham Iron, rusted.

Comment

Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post
            I think the guy that owns the Carolina Hurricanes thought he was going to bluff his way into getting what he wanted. The NFL called his bluff.
            I hadn't been following the story, and I really didn't understand what you meant when I read your post yesterday. After hearing a little more of the story, I see what you mean. I think an NFL "minor league" system could be very successful in the US. But no doubt the NFL will do it on their own terms rather than having someone else try to lure them into it.

Comment

I heard that the Carolina hurricanes guy bought controlling interest just to gain control of a gambling app. I think he lost 70 million to gain that control. If that app is successful that seems to be a pretty cheap price. The whole bluff with the NFL would’ve just been icing on the cake for him had they accepted

Comment

Looks like Spurrier is the only one happy as he "Went out on top", with a 7-1 record.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                  I heard that the Carolina hurricanes guy bought controlling interest just to gain control of a gambling app. I think he lost 70 million to gain that control. If that app is successful that seems to be a pretty cheap price. The whole bluff with the NFL would’ve just been icing on the cake for him had they accepted
                  Heard a long spiel on this from my local sports radio show. The guy was a Dallas business man so they went pretty in depth on the subject. But you are exactly right. Basically the league was just a piece of the ie he bought and wasn't really interested in developing football operations, so he is getting rid of that headache and is solely invested in the app.

Comment

Working...
                  X