2019 Roster Rumblings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Roster Rumblings

Here's a link to the fresh 2019 Bama football roster: https://rolltide.com/roster.aspx?path=football

It appears that our 32yd punter who everyone thought was a senior last season is back on the roster. Of the three guys who entered the transfer portal, only Kyriq McDonald is not listed. I'm not sure why he decided to leave, as he was sure to play a big role in the two-deep this season. Keaton Anderson is not on the roster. Not really a loss at safety, but he made a lot of special teams tackles. Ben Davis still heads the top of the roster.

The worst news I saw in this RollBamaRoll article (link below) is that Cornbread's suspension is thought to go into the first four games of the 2019 season as well. The OL is going to struggle with 3 new starters the first four games. Granted, they're easy games, but there will be no time to gel with Cornbread back in before a tough 5th game @TXAM and 6th game vs. 10rc.

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2019/2/...ll-roster-2019
    Last edited by Hannibal Lecter MD; 02-14-2019, 07:40 AM.

A well rested cornbread is a better cornbread....
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Thanks for the link Hanni. What do we know about the two GS walkons?

Comment

Whether you were a Jalen-lover or hater, is anybody besides me worried about what we have (or don't have) behind our all-world glass quarterback?

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
          Of the three guys who entered the transfer portal, only Kyriq McDonald is not listed. I'm not sure why he decided to leave, as he was sure to play a big role in the two-deep this season.
          I prefer to think that he just passed out.

Comment

Apparently we are interested in grad transfer TEs.

Alabama looks to be interested in potentially adding a grad transfer to its roster.
            barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Here's a breakdown of the Bama roster for 2019 by both position and class: https://alabama.rivals.com/news/alab...gibility-chart. Only 8 seniors (and fewer than that who are impact players) is a little alarming. RS Senior Matt Womack is our lone senior on offense. We're going to need some juniors and sophomores to step up into leadership roles this year. Leadership seemed lacking on the defense last year, and we lost a lot to boot.

I also heard something about a walk-on punter from Mobile coming in.

Here's the breakdown by class. The link above has additional info (including player names). The columns are freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, total. i.e. there are 2 freshman QBs, a sophomore, a junior, and 0 seniors for a total of 4.

Total Numbers
              Quarterbacks 2 1 1 4
              Running backs 3 2 5
              Tight ends 2 1 2 5
              Receivers 3 3 3 9
              Offensive linemen 7 2 5 1 15
              Defensive linemen 8 1 1 2 12
              Inside linebackers 2 3 1 1 7
              Outside linebackers 4 2 2 1 9
              Cornerbacks 4 2 1 2 9
              Safeties 2 2 1 1 6
              Special Teams 1 2 2 5
              Total 38 19 21 8 86
              Last edited by Hannibal Lecter MD; 02-21-2019, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Yeah, there was zero leadership last year on D. That needs to change in a big way this year. It's time for Dylan Moses to kick it up a couple of notches and be one of those guys. We'll need some underclassmen to put on their big boy britches and step up as well.

Comment

Working...
                X