Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saban hires the "kicking whisperer"

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/al...ing-whisperer/

As first reported by Bruce Feldman of The Athletic, Iowa State’s Joe Houston and Virginia Tech’s Jonathan Galante are both being hired by Alabama to serve as quality control special team staffers.

It should please Alabama fans to know Houston comes with a reputation as a “kicking whisperer” in Aimes. The former Iowa State special teams coordinator was a kicker at USC. Following the end of his playing career, Houston served as a low-level assistant at El Camino Community College before landing at Toledo. During his time at Iowa State, he turned inconsistent kickers into All-Big 12 performers.

Galante previously served as a graduate assistant of special teams at Virginia Tech, helping a program known for its outstanding special teams play.
    More about the "kicking whisperer": https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ams/424502002/

A few sugar cubes can work wonders.

Comment

Need to hire a priest. Our kicking game needs an exorcism, not a whisperer

Comment

"There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
        Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
        Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
          Can she kick?

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater

Can she kick?
            Perfect special teams player. Keeps her head on a swivel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't care if he whispers or uses sign language....just get 'er dunn!!!

Comment

Didn't we just hire supposedly the best special teams coach in the country last season? If anything he made them worse than Bobby Williams. I think Bama is just snakebitten when it comes to the special teams.
                barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Barney Stinson
                  Didn't we just hire supposedly the best special teams coach in the country last season? If anything he made them worse than Bobby Williams. I think Bama is just snakebitten when it comes to the special teams.
                  If I understand it correctly, most special teams coaches at big programs don't really teach kicking. They all(the kickers) have camps and private kicking coaches they go to. Banks was supposedly more of a return game guru, but we didn't do that well in that regard last year either. Our coverage was fairly decent. He was one of two(?) coaches Saban kept around?

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                    If I understand it correctly, most special teams coaches at big programs don't really teach kicking. They all(the kickers) have camps and private kicking coaches they go to. Banks was supposedly more of a return game guru, but we didn't do that well in that regard last year either. Our coverage was fairly decent. He was one of two(?) coaches Saban kept around?
                    Pretty sure that's to recruit Houston. Somehow Banks was named Special Teams Coach of the Year.

barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

Perfect special teams player. Keeps her head on a swivel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X