Random MLB news/discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random MLB news/discussion

How's everyone feeling about their teams this preseason? My Dodgers may end up being NL contenders again, but they certainly aren't the caliber of the BoSox or the 'Stros. Or probably the Yankees either for that matter.

I see that Folty is still nursing a sore elbox and won't be ready to start the season for you Braves fans. How about Thomas Burrows (former Alabama closer)? I saw that he was invited to camp to try to make a roster spot with the big club. Any news on whether he has a real shot to make the 25-man?

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
    How's everyone feeling about their teams this preseason? My Dodgers may end up being NL contenders again, but they certainly aren't the caliber of the BoSox or the 'Stros. Or probably the Yankees either for that matter.

I see that Folty is still nursing a sore elbox and won't be ready to start the season for you Braves fans. How about Thomas Burrows (former Alabama closer)? I saw that he was invited to camp to try to make a roster spot with the big club. Any news on whether he has a real shot to make the 25-man?
    I haven't heard anything about Burrows, but I'll search and see what's Up. Sucks about Folty. He's the only half-way consistent pitcher the Braves had last year.

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Burrows

The Seattle Mariners selected Burrows in the fourth round, with the 117th overall selection, of the 2016 MLB draft.[7][8] After he signed with the Mariners, he made his professional debut with the Everett AquaSox of the Class A-Short Season Northwest League for whom in 24.2 innings he had an ERA of 2.55. On January 11, 2017, the Mariners traded Burrows and Luiz Gohara to the Atlanta Braves for Mallex Smith and Shae Simmons.[9][10] The Braves assigned him to the Rome Braves, where he spent all of 2017, posting a 3-5 record with a 2.16 ERA in 66.2 innings pitched.[11] He began the 2018 season with Rome before being promoted to the Florida Fire Frogs of the Class A-Advanced Florida State League, and finishing the season with the Mississippi Braves of the Class AA Southern League.
      If Biff had known, he could have watched him play when he was at Rome.

Comment

It looks like he's pitched 4.1 innings in spring ball. 0H, 0R, 2BB, 3K

Comment

My Yanks need to get some more pitching. Severino with a sore shoulder already and not a ton of depth behind him.
          barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post
            My Yanks need to get some more pitching. Severino with a sore shoulder already and not a ton of depth behind him.
            Why do you need pitching with all that power?

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post

Why do you need pitching with all that power?
              For the games we inevitably get shutout by Sale or Keuchel, who i know hasn't signed yet. Those guys just mow us down and we will probably see them in the playoffs.

Comment

I'm not a fan of the Cub's bullpen:

STARTING PITCHERS
                Yu Darvish
                Cole Hamels
                Kyle Hendricks
                Jon Lester
                Jose Quintana

RELIEF PITCHERS
                Brad Brach
                Tyler Chatwood
                Steve Cishek
                Brian Duensing
                Carl Edwards Jr.
                Brandon Kintzler
                Mike Montgomery
                Pedro Strop
                "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Rumors are that the Braves will make a big announcement today. Kimbrel or Keuchel?

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                    Rumors are that the Braves will make a big announcement today. Kimbrel or Keuchel?
                    Cant see Keuchel given all the young (baseball word for cheap) starting pitching options. They've been connected to Kimbrel throughout the offseason. Depends on the contract but I assume they are going to way overpay him just to have folks get off their back about the payroll not increasing.

Comment

Working...
                    X