Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basketball coaching search talk

Looks like Prohm is off the board.

Scratch one name off the potential list to replace Avery Johnson at Alabama.

Iowa State on Tuesday announced a contract extension for basketball coach Steve Prohm, a graduate of Alabama. The new deal, athletics director Jamie Pollard said, runs through the 2025 season.

Prohm was the 53rd highest-paid coach nationally in the USA Today salary database released earlier this month. He made $2.05 million last year compared to Avery Johnson’s $3.06 million that ranked 19th.

Prohm was a candidate four years ago as Murray State’s head coach when Alabama ultimately hired the former NBA coach Johnson. Iowa State then hired him. The Cyclones have won two of the last three Big 12 Conference tournament titles and made the NCAA tournament in three of the last four seasons.
    https://www.al.com/alabamabasketball...the-board.html

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
    Bama is still pretty good at getting other coaches raises.

Comment

Its going to be hard to pull a decent basketball coach. Our facilities suck, our fans dont show up, and you are going to be shadowed by football.

Comment

Bad back Matta is going to be hired
        "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
        Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
        Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Matta seems to be the early favorite.

I've seen the following names tossed around:

--Chris Beard (huge buyout)
          --Mick Cronin (makes zero sense to me, Cincy is a better basketball job than Bama)
          --Kelvin Sampson (previous NCAA baggage)
          --John Brannen (not a big enough name but not a bad fit)
          --Wojo (makes little sense to me, hes probably waiting Coach K out)
          --Rick Pitino (c'mon let's be serious, we cant hire him)

One name I've seen no one throw out is Johnny Dawkins at UCF. If we are interested in Wojo, why not Dawkins? UCF is a tier or two below Marquette as a job, he has steadily improved UCF, and wasn't terrible at Stanford which is a difficult place to coach. He would seem to at least be worth the call.

barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

A new name has surfaced.....

Billy Donovan

Not sure if seriously a candidate, but his hire would definitely make a statement that a renewed commitment to Bama roundball has occurrred.
            "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
            Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
            Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Yeah that doesnt seen likely.
              barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                A new name has surfaced.....

Billy Donovan

Not sure if seriously a candidate, but his hire would definitely make a statement that a renewed commitment to Bama roundball has occurrred.
                That would be quite amazing. If we were willing to give AJ a little over $3M a year, I'm quite sure we would pony up $4M+ for Donovan.

Comment

I wonder if we could get J. Freshwater back to coach basketball? Im sure he would provide more entertainment than what we have been seeing on the court for the last 5-10 years.

Comment

Working...
                  X