No announcement yet.

***** A-Day *****

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tua looking for TDs on many of his throws.

Comment

A day reaction (I tuned in a couple mins late... Dang it):

-Freshman guys making a nice impression: Mechie, Lee, X. Williams. With the WR rotation so strong I don't know how Much Mechie will see the field, but he looks primed to step in as a soph. X Williams a nice #3 in 2 years as well!

-Sophs ready to contribute this year would appear to include Jobe and Jalen Moody. Moody obviously in a heated competition with some others at ILB, but he seems to have as good a shot as anyone to challenge for playing time. Jobe to me was by far the biggest bright spot of the day... Knowing how we will be tested at CB that is a welcomed site. He looks bulked up and physical against some good WR's today... Great sign. I also thought Daniel Wright flashed on a play or two that made me look up his name. Looks to have the type of athelticism we're used to having at safety.

-Mac Jones looks like a competent back up. I'd have some confidence that we could run a lot of our offense if he had to play. Seems to be developing fairly well. In that same conversation, Tualia was fantastic. I did not think he would be this far along today but it looks like he's improved his mechanics and plays with confidence. He looked the part more than a bigger/taller Tyson so there is some promise for the QB competition in 2020 and beyond!

-RB's look good, not great. Some will disagree but I think N. Harris is our weakest #1 since pre Mark Ingram. I know for a fact he will be productive and make some really impressive runs, but at the same time it's hard to watch the jitterbug plays over and over again. Just different from our normal 1 cut and go dudes over the years. Robinson is a good option at #2, Ford flashed, but TBH I think Townsend could be the most exciting dude with the ball in his hands. He looks more comfortable than I expected and has some real speed. Could be real dangerous as a pass catcher.

-The DL was really good today! Mathis was the guy we needed to step up and he appears to be doing so! The other "stud" today was Anoma... He was causing havoc and finishing some plays... Great to see. Chris Allen played really well and looks to be healthy which is a beautiful thing. Wynn looks ready to contribute. On the other hand I didn't notice Ray... Did he play?

-Guys that may need to pick it up - Jeudy, Kaho, and all the O tackles. The TE Parker had a tough day but the others had some higher expectations.

-Really really really optimistic about the Reichard kicker! Ball explodes off his foot. Gets so much higher than Beluvos' ball and goes a country mile. Punting was also better today for the most part... Good to see

-All in all though, TBH, kind of disappointing day. Didn't see the kind of fire from Tua as a leader you'd want to see after getting that ass whipped a couple months ago. Him not playing well was good for the D but just didn't see a ton of fire from him, or really anyone outside of a couple DB's making plays. They talked about getting back to the Old Alabama Way but today looked like our experienced guys were just going through the motions. Hope I'm wrong and just didn't catch the vibe. Also I know it's just a scrimmage but I'm a picky dude...

RTR

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bottom line on ESPN says Saban has a hip problem that will be 6-8 week recovery. Hip replacement?
          "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
          Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
          Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang
            Bottom line on ESPN says Saban has a hip problem that will be 6-8 week recovery. Hip replacement?
            I’d like to call dibs on the old hip. If they ever legalize human cloning I’ll make us a new Saban.

Comment

Working...
            X