THE Ohio State Sex Abuse Scandal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE Ohio State Sex Abuse Scandal

An attorney preparing a lawsuit against Ohio State University on behalf of more than 50 former athletes who allege they were sexually abused by a team physician told The Associated Press on Saturday that most of his clients were football players from the Buckeyes' storied program, including some who went on to play in the NFL.

A 232-page investigative report released Friday found that Strauss had sexually abused at least 177 male students, but the report made only one specific reference to football players while listing how many athletes from each team were abused. That list says three football players were interviewed.

Investigators found that Strauss' abuse went on from 1979-1997 and took place at various locations across campus, including examining rooms, locker rooms, showers and saunas. Strauss contrived, among other things, to get young men to strip naked, and he groped them sexually.

The report concluded that scores of Ohio State personnel knew of complaints and concerns about Strauss' conduct as early as 1979 but failed for years to investigate or take meaningful action.

Former nursing student Brian Garrett said he worked for a short time at an off-campus clinic Strauss opened after he was ousted at Ohio State in the late 1990s. But Garrett quit after witnessing abuse by Strauss and then experiencing it himself.

The investigation, he said, left him angrier than before.

"We knew that it was systemic and it had been reported," Garrett said Friday. "It's even more widespread than we knew."
    An attorney representing more than 50 former Ohio State athletes said sexual abuse by a team physician happened during required examinations at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center and at his off-campus clinic and home.
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018
Working...
X