Preseason Alabama Football 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preseason Alabama Football 2019

What are you looking forward to seeing? Concerned about (including the injury bug & depth at ILB)?

I am looking forward to seeing how Tua responds to the end of last season. He doesn't have Jalen looking over his shoulder this year or pushing him to excel, and he's now in a leader/teacher role prepping the younger guys for next year (assuming Tua's gone to the NFL, and everybody knows that's the most likely outcome). .

"There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

I'd like to see how Tua responds as well. Also who steps up at RB with Sanders out.

Defensively, the secondary should be stout and I'm excited about watching them fly around.

Concerns - how many FGs will we kick this year?

Can Tua handle the adversity. He seems to be able to bounce back after a bad play or two, but both against UGA and Clemson when he had a bad quarter, he did not respond well. Sort of like, if he cant shake it quickly, he wont be able to shake it at all, if that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
      Can Tua handle the adversity. He seems to be able to bounce back after a bad play or two, but both against UGA and Clemson when he had a bad quarter, he did not respond well. Sort of like, if he cant shake it quickly, he wont be able to shake it at all, if that makes sense.

I know what you're saying. Just speculation, but I think injuries/dings were more involved than anyone outside the program knew.
      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
      Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
      Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

I don’t have a good feeling about this season.
        No backup at QB, with an injury prone starter. Weakest RBs we’ve had in a long time. I like Robinson, but #2 back....???
        Injuries, always injuries. They never cease.

Excited to watch the WRs and Terrell Lewis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m with biff, I have a bad feeling. I’ve never been this uninterested in an off-season. I might have read 5 articles all spring and summer.

Comment

Help me out. Give me some improvements from last year. What position on either side of the ball should we expect to be better than last season?

Serious question.

Comment

Originally posted by Biff
              I don’t have a good feeling about this season.
              No backup at QB, with an injury prone starter. Weakest RBs we’ve had in a long time. I like Robinson, but #2 back....???
              Injuries, always injuries. They never cease.

Excited to watch the WRs and Terrell Lewis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              It seems like theres always a couple of guys that were great recruits that I forget about. I'm sure theres some 4* kid that's been in the system for a year or two that will break out of no where and surprise us all.... a la Josh Jacobs

Comment

Field goals & punting are the most notable improvements in my mind
                Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Also, you have a Biletnikoff Award winner and two (maybe 3) legit other contenders for the same award this year. And, you've got a QB that has demonstrated an ability to get these guys the ball.
                  Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

And.........another injury...

Reserve defensive lineman Stephon Wynn was not spotted. He was injured Saturday during the team’s first scrimmage and then posted Sunday on his Instagram account that he underwent surgery.
                    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                      Help me out. Give me some improvements from last year. What position on either side of the ball should we expect to be better than last season?

Serious question.
                      Defensive backs should be much improved, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                        Field goals & punting are the most notable improvements in my mind
                        Don't we say this every season about field goals? Some new superstar kid that can hit from 65 in high school.

Field goal kickers have been the single most disappointing and inconsistent position since Saban arrived. I will never understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

Defensive backs should be much improved, in my opinion.
                          I was going to say this. I also think the pass rush has a chance to be better with Jennings and Lewis. Ray may contribute there as well. Outside of Q, our defense in general was very average last year.

The best news of all - we play a fairly weak schedule. Thank God we aren't playing the 2020 schedule this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

I was going to say this. I also think the pass rush has a chance to be better with Jennings and Lewis. Ray may contribute there as well. Outside of Q, our defense in general was very average last year.

The best news of all - we play a fairly weak schedule. Thank God we aren't playing the 2020 schedule this year.
                            You think we take a step forward next year with what will likely leave early at the end of 2019?
                            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

We've got 10 of the top 50 players in the country. I think that bodes well for us.
                              Reporter: "What's it like to Have a QB like Tua throwing to you?
                              Smitty: "It's a blessin' "

Comment

Working...
                              X