X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um, we start SEC play this Saturday

"There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

South Carolina football quarterback Jake Bentley is out for the season. The senior received a second opinion on the Lisfranc fracture in his left foot and the results confirmed what was initially feared, the Bentley will need season-ending surgery on his foot. Head coach Will Muschamp revealed the news on Sunday night during a teleconference with reporters.

Given that Bentley has only played in one game this season, he will have the opportunity to take a redshirt season and will have one year of eligibility remaining in college football.

Jake Bentley is going to have surgery this week and is done for the season,” Muschamp said. "He and I talked today about that."
      The latest injury report, as well as the word on quarterback Jake Bentley.
      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

“The first drive, we started off in an empty set,” Garcia said. “We had typically not done that in the past, but Coach Spurrier had some confidence in me for some reason — he never usually did, he was too busy chewing my (butt). But we went out 5-wide and he was like, ‘Look, we’re going to win this game with you. It’s kind of on your shoulders. Here’s the keys to the car and go do something.’”

Garcia completed 17-of-20 passes for 201 yards, three touchdowns and an interception.

“Stephen Garcia played the game of his life,” Spurrier said.

When did he think Garcia was on his way to that kind of performance? Well, he didn’t.

“I didn’t think in those terms,” Spurrier said. “I was trying to call the ball plays. Not too many passes, but a few here and there.”

That was by design, Danielson said.

“He flat out said to us in Thursday’s practice that he needed Garcia’s best game,” Danielson said. “He just flat out said to us, ‘I think if Stephen takes care of the ball, we have a way to move the ball.’

“If I remember correctly, they only ran something like 65 plays (57) in that football game. He slowed the game down, he never game up on the run. And Garcia was spectacular.”

Garcia will return to Williams-Brice on Saturday for this year’s edition of USC vs. Alabama. He will lead, according to WACH Fox’s Mike Uva, the pregame “Game! Cocks!” fan cheer.
        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

I was at a meeting today where Marcus Lattimore was the keynote speaker. The former USCe RB is currently in charge of player development. The guy is extremely intelligent and had one hell of a story to tell. If you ever get a chance to hear him speak, go hear him. You won't regret it.

I talked to him afterwards. Even he knows it's a total uphill battle for them this week. He does seem to think, though, that if they score first, that they will stay with Bama to the 4th quarter. Lord, I hope not. I asked him to please don't let Hilisky go all Stephen Garcia on us. He was amused.

Comment

Lattimore had a very difficult injury history. I bet his story is compelling.
            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

I’ve heard that lattimore had the smallest bones they had ever seen

Comment

Working...
                  X