Antonio Alfano enters transfer portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antonio Alfano enters transfer portal

“I’ve received many messages from the media regarding Antonio,” Alfano’s father, Frank, posted on Twitter Friday morning. "It’s too bad that most of the media only reach out when there’s potentially bad or negative news. I’m confident my following response will answer all of your questions. Antonio’s grandmother recently fell very ill and is still fighting on life support. He is very close with her. Since this illness took effect, Antonio has taken it very hard. He has not attended classes and practices.

“The University of Alabama has been extremely supportive and I couldn’t ask for better support from them. Yesterday, Antonio asked to be placed in the transfer portal to see what his options are. Although he’s in the transfer portal, he still can decide to remain at the University of Alabama. My opinion is that Antonio should stay at the University of Alabama. However he’s an adult and it’s his decision. Antonio knows that his family has & will always be there for him.”
    https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2...er-portal.html

He's correct that the media only want to publicize "bad or negative news." For example, you never read about a drug deal that goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

That explains it all. Props to pops - Well said

Comment

Damn

Comment

SUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRE. It's all about granny being ill.
          So I guess Saban was lying about it being a discipline issue, eh? SUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRE.

Comment

I'm guessing he got disciplined, which kicked in home sickness. It will be a shame to lose him, but if he leaves; next man up.
            Reporter: "What's it like to Have a QB like Tua throwing to you?
            Smitty: "It's a blessin' "

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
              I'm guessing he got disciplined, which kicked in home sickness. It will be a shame to lose him, but if he leaves; next man up.
              Maybe. Or maybe he's never been disciplined and turned into a whiny bittch.

Comment

Originally posted by Chechem View Post

Maybe. Or maybe he's never been disciplined and turned into a whiny bittch.
                Well yeah, there's that too.

Comment

I dont believe I've ever been concerned about a player leaving that never contributed at Bama.

I think he "expected" to start. Dale got the job.. he bitched out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

This doesn't sound promising......

“I just know the guy basically quit," coach Nick Saban said Wednesday. "Quit going to class, quit coming here. We tried to encourage him. We tried to help him. We tried to set up counseling sessions with him to help him every way that we could. All of those things are still available to him if he wants them. But he didn’t respond to any of the things, so until he responds, you just have to assume the guy quit.”
                    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

On Monday, Colorado coach Karl Dorrell announced Alfano “has been suspended indefinitely for violation of team rules” following a January arrival for the former five-star high school star from New Jersey. This news comes via Brian Howell of Buffzone and the Boulder Daily Camera.
                      "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                      Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                      Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang
                        On Monday, Colorado coach Karl Dorrell announced Alfano “has been suspended indefinitely for violation of team rules” following a January arrival for the former five-star high school star from New Jersey. This news comes via Brian Howell of Buffzone and the Boulder Daily Camera.
                        Obviously still homesick and worried about his Grandma. Good thing he went to Colorado to get closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                          Obviously still homesick and worried about his Grandma. Good thing he went to Colorado to get closer.
                          With his history, he'll be lucky to get picked up by a juco team.

Comment

Working...
                          X