Where does this team go from here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biff View Post

Please do, and count the missed tackles.

O/U 37 per play
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Watching Saban’s presser today.
      We missed 25 tackles

Comment

Originally posted by Biff
        Watching Saban’s presser today.
        We missed 25 tackles
        Diggs*

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Only way BAMA doesn't make the playoff is if one-loss UGA beats undefeated LSU in the SECCG.
          Nothing else matters.
          If Auburn loses to UGA & BAMA that sinks Oregon.
          No matter the outcome of the PACt2CG. But hopefully Utah wins that one. USC has sunk Utah already.
          Oklahoma is going to push Baylor's shit in Saturday. KansasSt sunk Oklahoma.

The only outlier here is Minnesota. If they win out and beat an undefeated OhioSt in the big12ten CG then one could argue OhioSt's loss would be better than BAMA's. But we know who the committee will pick.
          Roll Tide Forever.

Comment

I dont see it. Bama will not have a quality win this season. We will have a single win over a ranked team.... that team being a 4 loss Auburn, ranked around 20th at best (this is assuming they lose to UGA)

I could definitely see a 1 loss conference champ getting in over Bama, like Oregon or Okie.

I think LSU and Clemson are likely to win out, and OSU has a very good chance to win out. That's 3 spots right there.

I'm not saying it's over with, but our chances are very very slim to make the playoffs.

Maybe OSU, LSU and Clemson run the table.... someone upsets Okie and Oregon.... then we get in... but that's the scenario I see. Possibly getting over a one loss Oregon, but not Okie when they have a Heisman finalist and a conf champ to go along with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
              I dont see it. Bama will not have a quality win this season. We will have a single win over a ranked team.... that team being a 4 loss Auburn, ranked around 20th at best (this is assuming they lose to UGA)

I could definitely see a 1 loss conference champ getting in over Bama, like Oregon or Okie.

I think LSU and Clemson are likely to win out, and OSU has a very good chance to win out. That's 3 spots right there.

I'm not saying it's over with, but our chances are very very slim to make the playoffs.

Maybe OSU, LSU and Clemson run the table.... someone upsets Okie and Oregon.... then we get in... but that's the scenario I see. Possibly getting over a one loss Oregon, but not Okie when they have a Heisman finalist and a conf champ to go along with it.

I agree with you Pink... I think our best hope is for Auburn to beat Georgia and make that Iron Bowl as big as possible. But regardless we are on the outside looking in to the other league champs with 1 loss. We really need OU to lose... And the winner of Oregon vs Utah to have 2 losses. Otherwise we are SOL this year.

Just too many shit games on the schedule without the big opener we usually play. Could have been avoided, but we scheduled Duke. It is what it is

Comment

If we somehow, someway backdoor into the playoffs, it will be in large part b/c of this:

CBS Sports’ coverage of the SEC ON CBS with LSU beating Alabama on Saturday, Nov. 9 at 3:30 PM delivered a massive audience scoring a fast national household rating/share of a 9.7/24, up + 47% over last year’s 6.6/13 rating/share in primetime. The 9.7/24 is the highest-ratedregular-season college football game (excluding Conference Championships) on any network in eight years.
                "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                  If we somehow, someway backdoor into the playoffs, it will be in large part b/c of this:

CBS Sports’ coverage of the SEC ON CBS with LSU beating Alabama on Saturday, Nov. 9 at 3:30 PM delivered a massive audience scoring a fast national household rating/share of a 9.7/24, up + 47% over last year’s 6.6/13 rating/share in primetime. The 9.7/24 is the highest-ratedregular-season college football game (excluding Conference Championships) on any network in eight years.

Im pretty sure they take this into consideration.

Comment

My two biggest “what if’s” are the fumble on the opening drive and the dropped snap on the punt.

Missed tackles be damned, those points off turnovers were enormous.

Comment

Originally posted by Biff
                      My two biggest “what if’s” are the fumble on the opening drive and the dropped snap on the punt.

Missed tackles be damned, those points off turnovers were enormous.
                      Agreed. Had Tua not dropped that ball and we scored first, you're looking at a different game altogether.

Also the turnover just before half.

I mean we put up around 600 yards of offense, scored 41 points.... and lost.

Comment

UGA is gonna lose to LSU. They'll be out.
                        Oregon lost to Auburn, who we will murder. Out.
                        Utah is gonna lose to Oregon. Out.
                        Oklahoma lost to KansasSt. Out.
                        OhioSt is gonna get Minnesota if Wisc or Iowa doesn't first. Out.
                        Who else? One loss fucking Baylor who loses in the Big12CG to OU? Out.
                        Who else is gonna get picked provided LSU, OhioSt., & Clemson win out?

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon Swashbuckler
                          UGA is gonna lose to LSU. They'll be out.
                          Oregon lost to Auburn, who we will murder. Out.
                          Utah is gonna lose to Oregon. Out.
                          Oklahoma lost to KansasSt. Out.
                          OhioSt is gonna get Minnesota if Wisc or Iowa doesn't first. Out.
                          Who else? One loss fucking Baylor who loses in the Big12CG to OU? Out.
                          Who else is gonna get picked provided LSU, OhioSt., & Clemson win out?
                          Well....

Teams that are still in it over Bama:

Oklahoma - 1 loss conference champ with wins over 3 ranked teams

Minnesota - even a loss to #2 OSU in the conf champ game- similar loss to Bama, but in a Conf champ game, plus wins over 3 other highly ranked teams.

Oregon- 1 loss conf champ, but no good wins (unlikely, but not out of the question)

Bama - did not win division, but that hasn't stopped Bama before. But also no quality wins. The one true test was a loss, at home. And that game wasnt nearly as close as the score suggests. Best win- over a 4 loss Auburn team that will finish ranked around #22.

Take.
                          Off.
                          The.
                          Glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                            Well....

Teams that are still in it over Bama:

Oklahoma - 1 loss conference champ with wins over 3 ranked teams

Minnesota - even a loss to #2 OSU in the conf champ game- similar loss to Bama, but in a Conf champ game, plus wins over 3 other highly ranked teams.

Oregon- 1 loss conf champ, but no good wins (unlikely, but not out of the question)

Bama - did not win division, but that hasn't stopped Bama before. But also no quality wins. The one true test was a loss, at home. And that game wasnt nearly as close as the score suggests. Best win- over a 4 loss Auburn team that will finish ranked around #22.

Take.
                            Off.
                            The.
                            Glasses.

https://youtu.be/K-ucFzXGC14

Put.
                            On.
                            The.
                            Glasses.

The only way BAMA doesn't get #4, provided they win out, is if 1 loss UGA beats undefeated LSU in the SECCG.

Comment

I’m not sure Clemson can beat Wake Forest.

Comment

Bama #5 in tonight's committee poll. Ga #4.
                                Reporter: "What's it like to Have a QB like Tua throwing to you?
                                Smitty: "It's a blessin' "

Comment

Working...
                                X