Next year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next year

Seriously, how do we look? Will there be anyone to catch passes? Metchie?

I stopped following recruiting closely a couple years ago.
    Defense gonna be stronger? Big drop in offense obviously.

Should I prepare for disappointment now, or wait?

Defense has to be better.... the young guys getting experience this year will be a blessing.

Offensively, definitely a drop off. Not sure what the OL and running game will look like. Juedy and Smith are gone, Ruggs and Waddle will be back.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post
      Seriously, how do we look? Will there be anyone to catch passes? Metchie?

I stopped following recruiting closely a couple years ago.
      Defense gonna be stronger? Big drop in offense obviously.

Should I prepare for disappointment now, or wait?
      Bro... Waddle. He's going to be a machine on O

Comment

Originally posted by Tidestalker

Bro... Waddle. He's going to be a machine on O
        Ok, so there’s one.

Comment

We will have Trey Sanders at RB. He should be a phenom.
          Reporter: "What's it like to Have a QB like Tua throwing to you?
          Smitty: "It's a blessin' "

Comment

Billingsley had a really good catch and run Saturday. He has OJ Howard/Irv Smith. Absolutely crushed the DB at the end of the play. 4:17 mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
              Ruggs and Waddle will be back.
              I don't see Ruggs coming back.

The one "negative" of having Jeudy, Ruggs and Smith all be here at the exact same time is that they are so good, that other guys don't rotate in much (except for Waddle). This means that, if all three leave after this season (they are all from the same class), Waddle is the only receiver with significant experience.
              Last edited by Bama Ravens; 11-18-2019, 11:49 AM.

Comment

I think Ruggs comes back. But otherwise I agree. Not a lot of experience behind those guys. Luckily the defense got some experience this year and should be ready for redemption next year.

Comment

I'm glad waddle will be back. He's probably my favorite player right now.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                    I think Ruggs comes back. But otherwise I agree. Not a lot of experience behind those guys. Luckily the defense got some experience this year and should be ready for redemption next year.

IMO Rugss is a better pro prospect than D Smith... Stronger build with the same type of speed. D. Smith has really come on strong in terms of production, but not sure that would put him in the 1st round like Ruggs and obviously Judy appear to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Tidestalker

IMO Rugss is a better pro prospect than D Smith... Stronger build with the same type of speed. D. Smith has really come on strong in terms of production, but not sure that would put him in the 1st round like Ruggs and obviously Judy appear to be.
                      I feel like Smith has better hands and is more of a threat in YAC. It would appear Tua and the staff trust Smith more too, just looking st the numbers. Ruggs does have a more prototypical NFL build, but Smith produces the numbers.

I dont know, I just dont see 40 something catches landing Ruggs in the first round, maybe not even the second. But if he stays and is the primary with Waddle opposite, he could put up huge numbers.

Of course, I also thought Lamar Jackson and Saquan Barkley would be busts in the NFL, so I'm not exactly a scout.

Comment

Ruggs grades out low 1st high 2nd...he gone

Comment

Alex Leatherwood went to Washington HS here in Pensacola. I played golf today and ran into his HS offensive line coach. He said that Leatherwood is projected to be one of the first 15 picked in the NFL draft, but is seriously considering coming back for his senior season because he wants very much to be an All-American.

That would be sweet.
                          Reporter: "What's it like to Have a QB like Tua throwing to you?
                          Smitty: "It's a blessin' "

Comment

So Kiper comes out with his Big Board... A few tid bits you may find interesting:

-Tua is #3 despite the injury. I hope that's accurate... I want that kid to get paid

-Jeudy #4 & Ruggs #13 overall. Not surprised either way there. While he only named 25 dudes, he did have D. Smith as the 6th WR with the 7th (Higgins from Clemson) going 18. Which would put D. Smith in that fringe area of late 1st / early 2nd. Personally I think his size & build may keep him from the 1st, but damn he plays like he's much bigger. All that being said I think Waddle is the best of the bunch...

-Leatherwood 23rd Overall. Wills not listed but is considered the 6th best draft eligible OT. Thought that may be a little low, but I suppose there's more value on dudes who play the left side

-Diggs 7th best corner, R. Davis 7th best DT. Seems about right with their physical tools

-Didn't see D. Brown nor Landon Dickerson on the list... Wasn't sure exactly how Dickerson would be viewed with his move to OC, but likely a sign he would have to come back.

And now the 2 most shocking things to me....

1. Dylan Moses is his first rated ILB. While he doesn't have him in the top 25 nor any other... But really surprised there isn't anyone considered a better prospect at this point. Between the injury and just having a lot to prove in general, that was interesting. If that's the case, it would be hard to see him coming back.

2. Najee Harris.... Not even listed in his top 10 draft eligible RB prospects. Almost seems like an oversight. While I wasn't a huge believer early in his career, he's proven a lot as this season has progressed. Especially as a pass catcher. Now he also has Cam Akers at #8 which seems crazy to me also... But I guess that's how scouts are viewing the position. If Najee is indeed viewed this way, he may be back in Crimson.... Just a thought.

RTR

Comment

Originally posted by Tidestalker View Post
                              So Kiper comes out with his Big Board... A few tid bits you may find interesting:

-Tua is #3 despite the injury. I hope that's accurate... I want that kid to get paid

-Jeudy #4 & Ruggs #13 overall. Not surprised either way there. While he only named 25 dudes, he did have D. Smith as the 6th WR with the 7th (Higgins from Clemson) going 18. Which would put D. Smith in that fringe area of late 1st / early 2nd. Personally I think his size & build may keep him from the 1st, but damn he plays like he's much bigger. All that being said I think Waddle is the best of the bunch...

-Leatherwood 23rd Overall. Wills not listed but is considered the 6th best draft eligible OT. Thought that may be a little low, but I suppose there's more value on dudes who play the left side

-Diggs 7th best corner, R. Davis 7th best DT. Seems about right with their physical tools

-Didn't see D. Brown nor Landon Dickerson on the list... Wasn't sure exactly how Dickerson would be viewed with his move to OC, but likely a sign he would have to come back.

And now the 2 most shocking things to me....

1. Dylan Moses is his first rated ILB. While he doesn't have him in the top 25 nor any other... But really surprised there isn't anyone considered a better prospect at this point. Between the injury and just having a lot to prove in general, that was interesting. If that's the case, it would be hard to see him coming back.

2. Najee Harris.... Not even listed in his top 10 draft eligible RB prospects. Almost seems like an oversight. While I wasn't a huge believer early in his career, he's proven a lot as this season has progressed. Especially as a pass catcher. Now he also has Cam Akers at #8 which seems crazy to me also... But I guess that's how scouts are viewing the position. If Najee is indeed viewed this way, he may be back in Crimson.... Just a thought.

RTR
                              Is he eligible to stay? Thought he was true senior

Comment

Working...
                              X