Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the Astros stole some signs from opposing teams....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the Astros stole some signs from opposing teams....

https://www.lonestarball.com/2020/1/...eo-suspensions

And then everyone got suspended & fired

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/13/s...-cheating.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...al/4463793002/

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/carlo...g-probe-report

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/a...-harsh-enough/
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

That's a bunch of shit too. It's still very difficult to steal the sign, decipher, then relay the info to the batter all before the pitcher hurls the ball towards the plate.

Also, get better signs. Adjust. I dont know, but this is just annoying.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t think it would be an issue if it was coming from a runner on base and relayed by hand signals to the batter.

but when you introduce a camera and bench players/coaches, and drumming on a garbage can to relay info to the batter, it gets more serious.
      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
      Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
      Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang
        I don’t think it would be an issue if it was coming from a runner on base and relayed by hand signals to the batter.

but when you introduce a camera and bench players/coaches, and drumming on a garbage can to relay info to the batter, it gets more serious.
        They should get better about their signs. Dont let them be so easy to steal....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
          They should get better about their signs. Dont let them be so easy to steal....

Well they will...now. But its still stealing. And in some cases the info was being relayed to messages via smart watches. This was a very elaborate and very intricate operation.

Comment

It may be a broader scandal, and it may extend to other teams. Definitely some players unable to sleep these days.
            The punishment the Houston Astros received in wake of the sign-stealing scandal earlier this week sent shockwaves throughout baseball, but some feel the scheme goes deeper than just video cameras and banging on trash cans.
            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

My Dodgers got screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD
                My Dodgers got screwed.
                Yeah cause Kershaw sucking in October is only against the Stros.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

Reporter: "What's it like to Have a QB like Tua throwing to you?
                  Smitty: "It's a blessin' "

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pink

We went 7 games and scored exactly the same number of runs in the series. Jee...I think we had might have had a shot without the cheating.

Comment

The game would be better if all teams did this.

Shake things up a little bit.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
                        The game would be better if all teams did this.

Shake things up a little bit.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                        My guess is that all teams do. The Astros just got caught.
                        Reporter: "What's it like to Have a QB like Tua throwing to you?
                        Smitty: "It's a blessin' "

Comment

ESPN bottom line reporting that somebody implicated Tony LaRussa and another report says Cominsky Park has similar cameras

this could be much broader and a lot more heads may roll

Yu Darvish complaining that he may have been duped by cameras in playoffs instead of having a ‘tell’ in his delivery. I think he just sucks, at least while playing as a Cub
                          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

So if everyone is doing it, then it's a pretty even playing field, right?

Comment

Not really. It’s still cheating
                              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Working...
                              X