****The Official 2020 Football Schedule Thread***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****The Official 2020 Football Schedule Thread***

I figured that we’ll need a single location for posting all the news and bitching about delays, cancellations and the overall Covid impact on the upcoming football season.
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

It's time to get serious about this thread.

If the Ivy League cancels all fall sports in the woods, will anybody hear it and give a shit?
    The Ivy League on Wednesday became the first Division I conference to say it will not hold sports this fall amid the coronavirus pandemic.
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Alabama coach Nick Saban said it's a challenge unlike anything he has faced in his career.

"How do we keep the players safe and also get them ready to play?" Saban said. "In a nutshell, that's the challenge we're all facing, and there's still so much we don't know. You can get into all the different details you want to and all the different hypotheticals, but that's what is most important: How do you keep the players safe and give them an opportunity to play?"
      As players across the country continue to test positive for the coronavirus, can college football really expect a return to normal for the 2020 season?
      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

When will college football and other sports return to action? Will more athletic programs be forced to cut sports because of financial strains? Here is the latest on how the coronavirus pandemic is affecting the college sports world.
        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

The Big Ten would lose marquee nonconference matchups, including Michigan's road game at Washington on Sept. 5, Ohio State's trip to Oregon on Sept. 12, Michigan State's home game against Miami on Sept. 26 and Wisconsin's contest against Notre Dame at Lambeau Field on Oct. 3.
          Big Ten athletic directors and presidents have decided on moving to a conference-only model for all fall sports, including football.
          Last edited by quack quack bang; 07-09-2020, 02:33 PM.
          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

We're looking at kissing this season goodbye.
            Reporter: "What's it like to Have a QB like Tua throwing to you?
            Smitty: "It's a blessin' "

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
              We're looking at kissing this season goodbye.
              Yep. I've been trying to stay positive about a college football season, but it doesn't seem like the Rona is getting any better. It's just a huge risk for the schools to continue sports right now.

The amount of money involved in college football is the only thing that gives me hope that we may have a season.

I put the chances of high school football happening at around 5%.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, I think I'll just go for a walk instead.

Comment

Other conferences blindsided by Big10’s decision. Apparently never mentioned the decision despite frequent conf calls of commissioners
                  The SEC will have to react to the Big Ten's decision, regardless of whether it wants to move in the same direction.
                  Last edited by quack quack bang; 07-10-2020, 05:53 AM.
                  Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                    Other conferences blindsided by Big10’s decision. Apparently never mentioned the decision despite frequent conf calls of commissioners
                    Well, their shit don't stink, so.......
                    Reporter: "What's it like to Have a QB like Tua throwing to you?
                    Smitty: "It's a blessin' "

Comment

12 in conference games would be cool.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
                        12 in conference games would be cool.
                        Sounds good to me, though I don't see from a prophylactic point of view (hee hee; I said prophylactic) how playing in-conference games is potentially any healthier than playing out-of-conference ones. It's not as if teams aren't still going to have to ride planes or buses.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post

Sounds good to me, though I don't see from a prophylactic point of view (hee hee; I said prophylactic) how playing in-conference games is potentially any healthier than playing out-of-conference ones. It's not as if teams aren't still going to have to ride planes or buses.
                          I agree. The distance of travel doesnt really make much difference. Kids will be traveling over 1,000 miles if Texas A&M plays South Carolina this year. It seems like those kids would have the same exposure as kids getting on a plane to fly 200 miles for a game.

Comment

PAC 12 has now caved and will play conference only games. I predict the ACC is next.
                            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

I hope there is no football in 2020.

There will be no National Championship.

As far as whatever's left. What happens when the season is in full swing and 10 players get COVID? OR 10 players on LSU's team. Or any team?

Even if it no large number or key player from one team gets COVID (I don't know how that would possible), then we get what, a bastardized SEC Championship?
                              Last edited by Big Balls; Yesterday, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X