No announcement yet.

2020 Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's looking like the Miami Marlins are going to be the inspiration behind either a late or no football season, even though the covid numbers are declining most everywhere.
    Reporter: "What's it like to Have a QB like Tua throwing to you?
    Smitty: "It's a blessin' "

Comment

Are they declining? This will cause balls to throw a hissy fit, but I don’t keep up with that stuff. I’ve been avoiding people and washing my hands my whole life

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
        Are they declining? This will cause balls to throw a hissy fit, but I don’t keep up with that stuff. I’ve been avoiding people and washing my hands my whole life
        Hey, even if it wasn't declining, the death rate is. I mean, if Hanni can survive it with his lifestyle, anybody can.
        Reporter: "What's it like to Have a QB like Tua throwing to you?
        Smitty: "It's a blessin' "

Comment

Originally posted by Big Balls View Post
          I've watched a couple of old episodes of Home Improvement recently. If you threw in a few quotes form ancient philosophers and writers, you would be a dead ringer for Wilson.
          I thought I already threw in as many quotations as y'all would tolerate. I'll have to pick up my game.

"Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, like when you find a trout in the milk." -- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post

I thought I already threw in as many quotations as y'all would tolerate. I'll have to pick up my game.

"Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, like when you find a trout in the milk." -- Henry David Thoreau
            Ah yes. I've also heard it as, "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, like the odor from Stan's breath."

Comment

y'all are performing some linguistic brisses
              "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
              Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
              Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2..._medium=social

The Southeastern Conference is moving to a 10-game conference-only SEC schedule, sources told AL.com.

The league has also moved back the start of the season to Sept. 26 and the SEC Championship Game to Dec. 19. The decision comes after the SEC’s presidents and chancellors met virtually on Thursday to discuss scheduling options.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I kinda wish they'd push the start of the season back every year. The early games are too damn hot.

Comment

I am hopeful that by pushing the season back a month, limiting the schedule to conference games, testing frequently, etc. that we will get a healthy Alabama football season this year. I am very, very hopeful.
                    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

How many sec games does Bama normally play?

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
                        How many sec games does Bama normally play?

Damn, Rhino. I thought we didn't talk football here because everyone already knew football.

We normally play eight regular season SEC games.

Comment

So the Pac12 has a group of “United” football players from across the conference that have issued a list of demands before they play this year. Covid protections administered by outside sources, health ins post playing career, 50%of revenues, etc. they also include social justice items to reconcile the industry’s profits off of minorities.
                          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                            So the Pac12 has a group of “United” football players from across the conference that have issued a list of demands before they play this year. Covid protections administered by outside sources, health ins post playing career, 50%of revenues, etc. they also include social justice items to reconcile the industry’s profits off of minorities.
                            Lower division football is on the ropes financially. Crap like this will hasten the sport's decline.

Comment

Some reports have Wash St dismissing players that signed on to this movement. Could be volatile in the next several weeks
                              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Washington State coach Nick Rolovich told WR Kassidy Woods that joining the Pac-12 player unity group would create "an issue" with the program.
                                Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X