Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018-19 In-Season Rat Poison

Park your favorite, and your least favorite 2018-19 season articles here
    Sure, the Crimson Tide just rolled past another helpless opponent. But look at all the things it didn’t do.
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Whether Nick Saban likes to hear it or not, Alabama is scary good, and the Tide have elevated their play as the opponents get tougher.

Comment

The numbers in Alabama’s first four games should scare any defensive coordinator. There are the points scored: 51, 57, 62, 45. There are the yards gained: 519, 599, 516, 524. And then there’s Tagovailoa. The sophomore gunslinger set a career high with 387 passing yards on Saturday, completed 22 of 30 attempts and threw four touchdowns to zero interceptions. When Tagovailoa is in the game—he hasn’t seen much of the second half this season—the Tide roll.
      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
      Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
      Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

future rat poison
        Bear Bryant's great-grandson. Tua's little brother. Both have committed to Alabama. Friday night, they face each other in Round 1 of a pending QB battle unlike any other.
        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Quinnen Williams was eyeing an opportunity. Once Alabama wrapped up its 2017 national championship run, Williams knew the Crimson Tide would lose All-American Daron Payne to the NFL draft...
          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

The rat-poison-averse coach thinks it's a ridiculous premise. But even members of past legendary Alabama teams are in awe.
            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Seems like an odd article to write when we've played only 1/2 of a season (a weak half at that).

Comment

How did Nick Saban turn a dormant Alabama program that hadn’t won a national title since 1992 into the most dominant era in college football history? Yahoo Sports talked to more than a dozen former players to find out.
                Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Great article! Thanks for posting, Quack.

DJ Hall was his own worst enemy, and a cancer to that team, from everything I've heard. No doubt in my mind that Saban is the reason he never got drafted.

Comment

I had never heard about the Hall draft party with Gucci mane, that’s sad and funny

Comment

It boggles the mind to think about the talent DJ Hall squandered b/c of his attitude.
                      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

I talked to DJ and Matt Caddell for about 20 minutes one night. It was probably Shula's last spring. DJ didn't seem like nearly the douche I expected him to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                          I talked to DJ and Matt Caddell for about 20 minutes one night. It was probably Shula's last spring. DJ didn't seem like nearly the douche I expected him to be.
                          He was probably high

Comment

Game Over

- T.O.
                            The Hall of Fame receiver wasn't worried despite the Crimson Tide trailing 13-0 at halftime.
                            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

http://www.espn.com/college-football...eisman-hopeful

It wasn't minutes or hours or days that led coach Nick Saban to bench Jalen Hurts at halftime in favor of Tagovailoa, who had never started a game and had appeared in only mop-up duty. Rather, it was the culmination of weeks of discussions, with some coaches on staff secretly and not-so-secretly hoping Saban would realize that a change needed to be made in order to have a chance against the better defenses the Tide would face in the playoff. Tagovailoa, they'd come to believe, was that good. "That building knew," a former coach told ESPN. "Saban gets all the credit for making the move at halftime, but they were trying to get him to do it for months."

Months might seem like a stretch to some, but another source said it's not. He estimated that some coaches on offense were ready to make a move as early as Week 6 or 7, even though Alabama was undefeated, the offense was averaging more than 40 points per game and Hurts hadn't thrown a single interception. It wasn't that Hurts was seen as ineffective; as the reigning SEC Offensive Player of the Year, nobody was arguing that. The former staffer put it this way: Hurts was a mortal lock to get the team to 13 wins, but Tagovailoa had shown enough to lead coaches to think he could take them the distance -- to 14 or 15 wins and a national championship.

"The practices, he was just amazing, lighting it up," a source said. "The whole building was like, 'Coach, let's make a change.' But Coach does not make changes very quick. That's not his personality."
                              Even before his star-making turn against Georgia in last season's national title game, those around Alabama knew they had a future star on their hands.

Comment

Working...
                              X